Our firm is seeking a part-time or full-time seasonal accountant (2024)
Frank, Hirsch, Subelsky & Freedman (FHSF) offers a hands-on, dynamic work experience for
candidates with a strong drive and motivation to pursue a career in public accounting. You will get an opportunity to work in various areas, while having an experienced group of CPAs to work with and learn the practice of public accounting. Beginning with a training program and mentoring, you’ll be provided the necessary resources to jump start your career!
The seasonal staff accountant performs a variety of entry-level accounting and tax assignments, demonstrating a growing knowledge of tax and accounting, including the following responsibilities:
- Preparation of tax returns for individuals and various entity types.
- Accounting & Bookkeeping using QuickBooks and other programs.
- Assist clients with payroll processing.
- Develop, organize, and maintain digital workpapers to support tax return engagements.
- Participate in the preparation of routine correspondence and reports, the development or maintenance of spreadsheets, and the research of complex technical issues.
- Develop general knowledge and understanding of tax preparation and/or the preparation of financial statements.
- Become familiar with firm policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Become familiar with clients' businesses and the unique aspects of each client's industry to begin establishing strong client relationships.
- Efficiently and accurately prepare workpapers and perform procedures for assurance engagements to ensure accuracy and validity.
- Actively promote and facilitate teamwork and respect in a supportive and collaborative office environment.
- Demonstrate ability to monitor work status to meet deadlines and quality control standards; appropriately prioritizes multiple assignments.
What Makes You Eligible
- Bachelors completed and/or masters degree in accountancy or tax.
- 3.0 GPA (cumulative and in accounting major)
- CPA or CPA-candidates with 1-6 years of public and/or private accounting experience preferred but not required.
- Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office products.
- Strong drive and motivation to pursue a career in public accounting.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to take initiative via work experience and/or extracurricular activities.
- High degree of curiosity, willingness to learn and enthusiasm.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven time management skills and ability to manage multiple responsibilities.
- Experience with individual and various entity tax returns preferred but not required.
Additional Job Details
Full-time Staff Accoutant
Farmington Hills, MI, USA
December 15, 2023
About the Firm
Frank, Hirsch, Subelsky & Freedman (FHSF)
FHSF is the combination by merger of two CPA firms, one of which had been operating for over 50 years. FHSF currently has 10 CPAs, each with over 20 years of public accounting experience. Several of our CPA’s have also worked in private accounting and business consulting. Our firm has a small company feel, but a strong client base, comprised of both simple and complex accounting and tax matters.
FHSF is an equal opportunity employer that values our team and our clients. We treat others with respect and dignity and promote an environment where people can flourish and grow. We strive to help our team members feel good about their career development and work/life balance.